Jesus afirmou ser Deus? — Notas Finais
- Ravi Zacharias, Jesus Among Other Gods (Nashville: Word, 2000), 38.
- J. I. Packer, Knowing God (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 1993), 189.
- George A. Barton, Jesus of Nazareth (New York: Macmillan, 1931), 395.
- Zacharias, 89.
- C. S. Lewis, God in the Dock (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2000), 157, 158.
- The Hebrew Scriptures sometimes join Yahweh (Jehovah) with an additional word to emphasize God’s dealing with man. “Yahweh Elohim” and “Adonai Yahweh” are translated “Lord God,” and “Yahweh Sabaoth” is translated “Lord of hosts.” (C.I Scofield, The Scofield Reference Bible (New York: Oxford University Press, 1996), 6, 983.
- Ray C. Stedman, Adventuring Through the Bible (Grand Rapids, MI: Discovery House, 1997), 479.
- Ego eimi is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew name Isaiah used to describe God in Isaiah 43:10, 11. Dr. James White notes, “The closest and most logical connection between John’s usage of ego eimi and the Old Testament is to be found in the Septuagint rendering of a particular Hebrew phrase, ani hu in the writings (primarily) of Isaiah. The Septuagint translates the Hebrew phrase ani hu as ego eimi in Isaiah 41:4, 43:10 and 46:4.” (http://www.aomin.org/EGO.html)
- Lewis, 157.
- Packer, 198.
- Why I am a Christian, Norman L. Geisler, Paul K. Hoffman, eds, “Why I Believe Jesus is the Son of God” (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2001), 223.
- Packer, 57.
- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity (San Francisco: HarperCollins, 1972), 51.
- John Piper, The Pleasures of God (Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 2000), 35.
- Christians believe that there is one God who exists in three distinct, equal Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (trinity). No earthly analogy can adequately explain how one God can exist as three Persons. However, two scientific examples illustrate how one entity can exist in multiple forms. 1. Light exists as a duality, appearing in nature as both a wave and a particle. 2. The H20 molecule is one essence, yet exists as steam, water, and ice. The God of the Bible, however, is beyond our full comprehension, being infinite, eternal, immutable, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent.
- Lewis, God in the Dock, 80.
- Lewis, Mere Christianity, 52.
Permissão para a reprodução deste artigo: O autor permite a reprodução deste material sem necessidade de aprovação escrita, apenas na sua totalidade e para fins não lucrativos. Nenhuma parte deste material pode ser alterada ou usada fora do seu contexto, sem a permissão escrita do autor.
© 2010 B&L Publications. Este artigo é um suplemento da revista Y-Jesus pela Bright Media Foundation & B&L Publications: Larry Chapman, Editor Chefe. Para outros artigos que abordam as evidências sobre Jesus Cristo, veja www.y-jesus.com.