1. Paul Edwards, “Great Minds: Bertrand Russell,” Free Inquiry, December 2004/January 2005, 46.
2. R. C. Sproul, Reason to Believe (Grand Rapids, MI: Lamplighter, 1982), 44.
3. Josh McDowell, The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict (San Bernardino, CA: Here’s Life, 1999), 203.
4. Bertrand Russell, Why I Am Not a Christian (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1957), 16.
5. Joseph Campbell, an interview with Bill Moyers, Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth, PBS TV special, 1988.
6. Michael J. Wilkins and J. P. Moreland, eds, Jesus Under Fire (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1995), 2.
7. “What Is a Skeptic?” editorial in Skeptic, vol 11, no. 2), 5.
8. Wilbur M. Smith, A Great Certainty in This Hour of World Crises (Wheaton, ILL: Van Kampen Press, 1951), 10, 11
9. Historian Will Durant reported, “About the middle of this first century a pagan named Thallus … argued that the abnormal darkness alleged to have accompanied the death of Christ was a purely natural phenomenon and coincidence; the argument took the existence of Christ for granted. The denial of that existence never seems to have occurred even to the bitterest gentile or Jewish opponents of nascent Christianity.” Will Durant, Caesar and Christ, vol. 3 of The Story of Civilization (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1972), 555.
10. Quoted in J. P. Moreland interview, Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1998), 246.
11. Peter Steinfels, “Jesus Died—And Then What Happened?” New York Times, April 3, 1988, E9.
12. William D. Edwards, M.D., et al., “On the Physical Death of Jesus Christ,” Journal of the American Medical Association 255:11, March 21, 1986.
13. Lucian, Peregrinus Proteus.
14. Josephus, Flavius, Antiquities of the Jews, 18. 63, 64. [Although portions of Josephus’ comments about Jesus have been disputed, this reference to Pilate condemning him to the cross is deemed authentic by most scholars.]
15. Tacitus, Annals, 15, 44. In Great Books of the Western World, ed. By Robert Maynard Hutchins, Vol. 15, The Annals and The Histories by Cornelius Tacitus (Chicago: William Benton, 1952).
16. Gary R. Habermas and Michael R. Licona, The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel, 2004), 49.
17. Frank Morison, Who Moved the Stone? (Grand Rapids, MI: Lamplighter, 1958), 9.
18. Paul L. Maier, Independent Press Telegram, Long Beach, CA: April 21, 1973.
19. Quoted in Josh McDowell, The Resurrection Factor (San Bernardino, CA: Here’s Life, 1981), 66.
20. Paul Johnson, A History of the Jews (New York: Harper & Row, 1988), 130.
21. John W. Montgomery, History and Christianity (Downers Grove, ILL: InterVarsity Press, 1971), 78.
22. Norman L. Geisler and Frank Turek, I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2004), 243.
23. Michael Green, The Empty Cross of Jesus (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 1984), 97, quoted in John Ankerberg and John Weldon, Knowing the Truth about the Resurrection (Eugene, OR: Harvest House), 22.
24. J. P. Moreland, Scaling the Secular City, (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 2000), 172.
25. Charles Colson, “The Paradox of Power,” Power to Change, www.powertochange.ie/changed/index_Leaders.
26. Morison, 104.
27. Gary Collins quoted in Strobel, 238.
28. Thomas James Thorburn, The Resurrection Narratives and Modern Criticism (London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., Ltd., 1910.), 158, 159.
29. Sherwin-White, Roman Society, 190.
30. Habermas and Licona, 85.
31. Habermas and Licona, 87.
32. Morison, 115.
33. J. N. D. Anderson, “The Resurrection of Jesus Christ,” Christianity Today, 12. April, 1968.
34. Durant, Caesar and Christ, 652.
35. Morison, 9.
Permissão para a reprodução deste artigo: O autor permite a reprodução deste material sem necessidade de aprovação escrita, apenas na sua totalidade e para fins não lucrativos. Nenhuma parte deste material pode ser alterada ou usada for a do seu contexto, sem a permissão escrita do autor. Cópias impressas das revistas Y-Origins e Y-Jesus podem ser encomendadas em: www.JesusOnline.com/product_page
© 2007 B&L Publications. Este artigo é um suplemento da revista Y-Jesus pela Bright Media Foundation & B&L Publications: Larry Chapman, Editor Chefe. Para outros artigos que abordam as evidências sobre Jesus Cristo, veja www.y-jesus.com.